|Category of Registration fee||Fee payable in ZAR||Approximate Equivalent USD*||Notes|
|Early bird fees (Payment by 10 Oct 2022)|
|1||Full Registration||R10,200||$650||Includes everything|
|2||Limited Registration||R8,600||$550||Includes everything except the IFEES Duncan Fraser Award Dinner|
|3||IFEES or GEDC Member||R8,600||$550||Includes everything except the Gala Dinner|
|4||AEEA or AEDC Member||R5,500||$350||Excludes Gala Dinner and IFEES Duncan Fraser Award Dinner|
|5||Poster Full (non-student)||R5,500||$350||Excludes Gala Dinner and IFEES Duncan Fraser Award Dinner|
|6||Student Registration||R1,900||$120||Only a delegate bag, attendance of technical sessions, workshops, exhibition and student events, teas and lunches|
|7||Virtual Paper (non-student)||R7,100||$450||Authors & Paper presenters with accepted papers that would like to attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|8||Virtual Poster & other (non-student)||R5,500||$350||Poster presenters and other non-students to attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|9||Virtual Student||R1,600||$100||Students (all categories) that would like to attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|Late registration fee (Payment after 10 Oct 2022)|
|10||Full Registration||R11,750||$750||Includes everything|
|11||Virtual Paper (non-student)||R8,600||$550||Authors & Paper presenters with accepted papers that would like to attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|12||Virtual registration||R7,100||$450||To attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|13||Student registration||R2,500||$160||Students that would like to attend the conference virtually. Only access to online proceedings, streamed keynotes and uploaded presentations|
|General fees (optional)|
|14||Sponsor a participating student||R 900||$60||Contribute towards a Student registration fee|
|15||IFEES Duncan Fraser Award dinner||R1,600||$100|
|16||Gala dinner and Diversity award function||R1,600||$100|
|17||Extra page fee||R1,600||$100||Per page fee for 6 or more pages|
|18||GEDC Industry Forum: Dean & Industry Design Workshop||R2,550||€150||Participants wishing to join the GEDC Industry Forum Dean & Industry Design Workshop taking place on Thursday 1st December 2022 (11:00-19:30 SAST) must register separately from the WEEF & GEDC. If you did not receive an invitation to do so directly, you can request an invitation here. The workshop fee to cover logistics and organisation costs is €150 which should be paid at the same time as registering.|
- All fees are payable in South African Rands (ZAR). The USD fee reflected above is only an approximate indicative fee based on an exchange rate of 15.7ZAR=1USD .
- The registration as a delegate (or participant at the conference) is binding.
- Each accepted full paper must be presented and supported by a full registration from categories 1, 2, 3, 4 , 7, 10 or 11 above. Payment must be received by 21 October 2022 to be included in the Conference eProceedings and to be considered for IEEExplore.
- Authors submitting papers with a length of more than 5 pages, should include the additional extra pages fee as part of their registration.
- The registration fees are owed upon registration and are payable within 7 days following submission of the registration (but not later than 21 October 2022).
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee (and any optional items) is received.
- Payment by credit card (recommended): Should you have paid your registration fees by credit card (and requested cancellation) the balance will be reimbursed by credit card, but a 10% transaction fee on the amount due will be charged. Please note that the ZAR difference and the balance due to you in other currencies will be based on the exchange rate on the day of the transaction.
- Please contact the Financial Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org/2022, should you wish to make any changes to your registration.
- Payment by wire transfer / EFT: For registration fees paid by wire transfer / EFT, the delegate will be liable for all bank commissions and transfer fees payable by both banks (applicable to international transfers).
- Substitutions can only be made by informing the conference accounts department before the start of the conference. For enquiries and cancellations please contact the conference accounts department email: email@example.com/2022.
All cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org/2022. Cancellations will only be valid if recipients are in possession of an acknowledgement of receipt from the conference accounts department. Please resend your notice of cancellation if you have not received an acknowledgement of receipt within 48 hours.
- Cancellation before 26 September 2022 – 100% refund (less 10% handling fee)
- Cancellation before 3 October 2022 – 50% refund (less 10% handling fee)
- No refunds from 3 October 2022
You can register for the conference as follows:
- Log into your Conftool profile (https://www.conftool.org/weefgedc2022/). If you do not have a User profile yet, follow the Create an account link.
- All users should please update their details following the Edit User Account Details link or clicking the down arrow top right where your user name is. This is especially important for delegates that would like to obtain a Visa Invitation Letter (see point 6 below).
- Click on the Register as Participant link.
- Proceed through the Registration process by clicking on B to advance and on the tags at A if you want to go back.
- After completing the registration and payment, as a registered delegate there will be a new block of functions where you can access your Invoice and Registration Confirmation and Payment receipt.
- Registered delegates can access the Visa Invitation Letter on the Conftool dashboard after registration and payment.